The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Prayer, Care and Share.


Prayer, care and share.  Three words which rhyme and also go hand in hand.

How many times has it happened, when someone tells us of their problem, ill-health or other situation, we tenderly reply:  “I will pray for you”.  We then walk away and quickly forget about the person and we don’t pray for them!!!!  Canon J. John tells the story about a dying man whom he and his wife visited in the hospice.  He asked him if they could pray for him.  The dying man said:  “rather give me a hug!”.  Prayer is important.  But sometimes someone just needs a show of kindness through a hug or a food parcel.

Philippians 2 v 2 - 4 …. do what will make my joy complete: Agree with each other and show your love for each other. Be united in your goals and in the way you think.  In whatever you do, don’t let selfishness or pride be your guide. Be humble, and honour others more than yourselves. Don’t be interested only in your own life, but care about the lives of others too.

Suggestion:  Phone an elderly or vulnerable person, or a single mother whom you know.  Listen to what they want to say.  If possible, go to the grocery store and buy some groceries, to drop off at their door.  Pray with them over the phone.

Prayer:  I come before Your Throne of Grace today.  I lift  person’s name   to You in prayer.  Father, please supply all his/her needs.  I ask for you comfort and touch on their health and loneliness.  ­(Add anything else the person mentions)­.  In Jesus’ Name. Amen