The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Fasting


Traditionally, we have been taught that fasting is about giving up food to focus on a purpose.  Another form of fasting is to give up something for Lent.  There is nothing wrong if this.  However, for today, let’s take it a bit further.  The following Scripture describes Father God’s Chosen Fast.

Isaiah 58:6-11: The kind of fast I want is that you stop oppressing those who work for you and treat them fairly and give them what they earn.  I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor, and destitute. Clothe those who are cold, and don’t hide from relatives who need your help.
If you do these things, God will shed His own glorious light upon you. He will heal you; your godliness will lead you forward, goodness will be a shield before you, and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind.  Then, when you call, the Lord will answer. “Yes, I am here,” He will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak and stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumours!
Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day.  And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

Suggestion:  Examine yourself according to this Scripture.  Spend some time explaining it to your children and family.  Put together a plan action to apply this in your life.

Prayer:  Father God, thank You for Your love and kindness, which is expressed so clearly in this Scripture.  I ask that You use me to show others Your kindness, so that they too may know Your love.  In Jesus’ Name. Amen.