The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Let us Obey

Are you tempted to take your dog for a walk?  Or to pop in to visit a friend?  When you do your essential shopping, do you linger a little longer, so as not to rush home again?  Do you take a late-night stroll or jog around the neighbourhood, hoping not to be seen?  The medical people tell us that we need to abide by the rules, to flatten the curve.  If we do not do our part, it could result in lockdown been extended again and again.  Are you indeed obeying the lockdown rules?

Father God led the Israelites out of Egypt.  He performed a miracle to get them safely to the other side of the Red Sea  (see Lockdown Devotion Day 4).  Bible Scholars tell us that the migration of the Israelites from the Red Sea to the Promised Land, should have taken about 10 days.  But it took 40 Years!!!!  What went wrong?

The Israelites had a problem with obedience!  Disobedience may have being a result of embedded resistance due to many years of slavery.  They were being raised in a heathen environment where many “gods” were worship, so they may not have known how to trust their God and obey Him.  Whatever the reason, they found themselves wondering around the desert for 40 years, due to disobedience!  Exodus 16:23 to 30 is one example of this.

Suggestion:  Let us, each one, do our share in keeping to the lockdown rules.  As we abide by the regulations with an attitude of obedience, we will surely make a difference.  Let us work towards having the lockdown lifted.  Then hopefully, sooner than later, we will be free to enjoy life in a new season.

Prayer:  Father, please examine my heart.  I confess any attitude of disobedience.  Please help me to renew my mind about lockdown, so that I willingly will obey the regulations.  Please help me to do my part to flatten the curve.