The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Psalms

Here in South Africa, 2 things happened over the past 48 hours.  Firstly, our Lockdown period was extended to the end of April 2020.  Throughout the world, Lockdown is affecting everyday life in ways one would not have imagined possible, just 3 months ago.
Secondly, on Good Friday at 10h00 local time, Christians around our country sang Amazing Grace, in testimony and thanks of Christ Jesus’ sacrifice on Calvary. 
My neighbour joined me from across our boundary wall (social-distancing), and her children joined us via video call. Great anointing and very encouraging.  This proved to be a wonderful exercise in re-focusing – from Lockdown to Jesus Christ.  With today’s devotion, I want to encourage you to re-focus and give you an easy way to assist you to do so.

Suggestion:  Begin reading through the Book of Psalms, at your own pace.  Include your family or do so individually.  Use the words as prayer, praise and worship.  Put your own name in, wherever relevant  (e.g. Ps23  The Lord is Stella's  Shepherd.  Stella shall not want ......).  Read each verse as a conversation with Father God.

Prayer:   Oh, the joys I  name have because I do not follow evil men’s advice.   But I, name delight in doing everything You Lord wants me to.  Father God as I meditate on Your principles expressed in these Psalms,  I am thinking about ways to follow You more closely. Amen.  (Adapted by Psalm 1: 1&2.)