The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Good Friday.]

 After 2 weeks or more of lockdown, you probably would ask “What is good about it?”  Many of you have seen films about the life and Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.   As he carried the Cross through the crowds to Golgotha.  The whippings, the crown of thorns pushed into his skull, the weight of the Cross, the pain, the humiliation.   It was definitely was not a Good Friday for Him.

Romans 6 : 3 – 7  Don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? When we were baptized into his death, we were placed into the tomb with him. As Christ was brought back from death to life by the glorious power of the Father, so we, too, should live a new kind of life. If we’ve become united with him in a death like his, certainly we will also be united with Him when we come back to life as he did. We know that the person we used to be was crucified with Him, to put an end to sin in our bodies. Because of this we are no longer slaves to sin. The person who has died has been freed from sin.

Suggestion:  On this day remember the Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ, by taking Holy Communion.  Search your heart for any unconfessed sin and nail it to the Cross.  That moment when you decided that sin must die in you, is the greatest moment of your life.
Read a Bible Story about the Crucifixion, to read to your children, so they too can know what Good Friday is all about.

Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I honour You today for all that You endured for me, on the Cross.  I bring this unconfessed sin (name it)  and crucify it.  I will no longer be a slave to it.  Thank You Lord for forgiving me and cleansing me.  I glorify the Father in Your Name.  Amen