The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Gossip or Murder?

My late mother said that to falsely accuse someone of anything, is a form of murder!!  Killing their reputation and integrity.  Killing their self-esteem.  Killing what people might think of them. Once a false word has been spoken, it cannot be returned.

Jesus was brought before Pilate, as a result of false accusations.  He was crucified on the Cross, as a result of false accusations.  He death was pre-told from the foundation of the world and throughout the Old Testament… but false accusations are what Pilate believed!  Judas was in the close circle of Jesus’ friends but betrayed Him.  Yet Judas brought us victory!!

There are people who let us down and others who give us hope.  We need both to fulfil our purpose.   On the Cross, Jesus said: “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23v34).

Suggestion:  Before you say anything against another person, consider why you are saying it?; is it true?;  can your words cause further damage?;  does the listener really need to hear it?; can your words change the person’s situation for the  better?;  what do you stand to gain from what you say?.

Prayer:  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts.  O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know my every thought.  You know what I am going to say before I even say it.  Point out anything you find in me that makes you sad and lead me along the path of everlasting life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen  (Psalm 139)