The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Knitting for Charity

Recently, I became aware of a wonderful charity known as Bless-a-Baby.  The wonderful people at this charity collect and distribute baby clothes and toiletries to mother from poor communities.

Working in conjunction with local hospitals and clinics, new Moms receive a beautiful bag filled with clothing, nappies, blankets and toiletries for her newborn.  Mom also receives a gift of toiletries.

As I love knitting and spend most of my free time doing so, I have decided to contribute to this wonderful charity.  The photos show some of the products which I have already delivered.

Donations of Double Knit and 4 Ply yarn will be greatly appreciated.  3x 50g balls is enough to make a set, as seen in the photos.  Even incomplete balls of yarn can be used to knit bootees and for stripes in blankets.

Any good condition, 2nd hand baby clothes (sizes Newborn to 6 months) will be well used by the babies.  You are welcome to contact me should you have such items to donate.  I have committed to knit a cardigan to match items of clothing donated via myself.

Please visit their website for more information   www.blessababy.co.za