The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Facing Challenges

    Let’s consider the subject of “challenges”.  Each one is faced with challenges almost on a daily basis.  Some are more serious than others, like the death of a loved one and having to learn to cope each day.  Losing my beloved Peter after a short battle against cancer, was one of the greatest challenges I have had to face in my life. 
    Others may face employment challenges, health issues, family issues and many other situations.  One challenge cannot be compared to another.  Each challenge is unique. One person faces a challenge differently to another person. Some challenges take longer to rise above than others….. but to rise above them is the key to overcoming them.
    In Isaiah 34:2, our Lord promises the following:  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you”.
What a wonderful promise!
    Poetry was something that I was taught to enjoy, many years ago in High School.  Few poets have caught my attention as much as Helen Steiner Rice.  Let me share a few words written by her, that encourage us as we face challenges in life:
My cross is not too heavy
My road is not too rough
Because God walks beside me
And to know Him is enough.


    Keep you hearts and minds fixed on God’s Word and the promises He has given you, as you face your challenges.  You will rise, you will overcome, you will stand strong.