The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Treasures


Covid-19, together with the resulting lockdown, is causing so much upheaval in our lives.  Temporary works such as gardeners and cleaners, have to stay at home with no income.     Construction has ground to a halt, leaving contract and hourly paid staff with no income.  Others, who are still fortunate to work,  have had their hours shortened, so as to take a cut in wages.  Many of you are concerned that you will not have employment to return to.

Years ago, my mother-in-law’s house burned down. She and her daughter lost every earthly possession.  For an elderly lady and her middle-aged daughter, life had hit them a mighty blow.  Later, we dug through the ashes, searching for any salvageable items.  We found her badly burnt Afrikaans Bible, in the windowsill of what was her bedroom.  The old Testament pages were gone and the flames had stopped at Matthew chapter 6. 
“Don’t save treasures for yourselves here on earth. Moths and rust will destroy them. And thieves can break into your house and steal them.  Instead, save your treasures in heaven, where they cannot be destroyed by moths or rust and where thieves cannot break in and steal them.  Your heart will be where your treasure is.  Matthew 6 v 19 – 21
(see the photo below)

Suggestion:  It is time to re-assess and discover one’s priorities.  Through these past few weeks, the things that matter most to you, have probably changed.  What is really important?  What are the top three items that should be on my priority list?   What do I treasure?  Who do I treasure?  Where is my treasure stored?

Prayer:  Lord I give You my everything, my life, those things that I thought were important.  Your Word says You must become more and more important, and I must become less important.  Father, I as that You guide me in setting new priorities for the days ahead.  Amen  (John 3:30)