The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Monotony

A challenge we are facing each day, is MONOTONY. One definition of the word is:.. lack of variety and interest; tedious repetition and routine. E.g.: “you can become resigned to the monotony of captivity" Wow, is this not how we are feeling about lockdown?

Sometimes it feels like our prayers are not answered.  We pray for the same things over and over again.  But nothing happens.  The Apostle Paul knew about praying continuously, in trying times in prison, often hungry, persecuted…

In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, Paul said:.. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

It is Father God’s will that we rejoice, never give up praying and give thanks no matter what happens.

Suggestion:  Plant some seeds.  Or transplant some pot plants that need attention.  Enjoy doing this task  (rejoice).  As you water the seeds / cuttings, waiting for them to grow into strong, healthy plants, this period of anticipation represents praying without ceasing.  Ie. Continue to pray until you see results. 

Prayer:  Father God, as I wait for answers to my prayers, I will rejoice in You and give thanks for every small blessing.  In Jesus’ Name. Amen