The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Use My Name

Well, for many it has been a week. For others, it has been longer.  Lockdown – a word on everyone’s lips, in everyone’s thoughts.  As I began typing this devotion, auto-correct changed lockdown to “knockdown”!!.  Many of us have been knocked down during the past few days.  Be it financially, emotionally, health issues, hunger, loneliness and so on.   How do we get up again?  One way is through prayer.

Are you finding it difficult to pray?  Are you unsure what to pray for?

In John 14:13-14, Jesus made an offer we cannot refuse.  He gave us permission to use His Name when praying.  Think of a situation when a friend sends you to another person, who they believe can provide an item which you need.  The friend says:  “Tell him I sent you”…. In other words, use my name.  This is exactly what Jesus spoke about:
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  You may ask me for anything in My Name, and I will do it.”  (NIV)

Suggestion:  Write down 3 items which you need to pray about today.

Prayer:  Thank you Father that I can come to You in the Precious Name of Jesus.  Lord I have 3 important needs  (name them).  I ask that You undertake for me and answer these prayers because Jesus has promised that whatever I ask in His name, You will do it for me.  Amen.