The Call

Way back in 1976, a prophetess told me the following:

The Lord is going to take you to places you never dreamed possible. That which you are doing for Him now will grow into ministries you could not have imagined. Serve Him with all your heart and might.

At the time, I was in school and active in ministries such as SCA, YFC, Sunday School teaching, worship leading etc. After I left school, I always got involved wherever I could be of service.

Servicing my Heavenly Father and His people has always been a priority in my life.

Bible Stories

Here is a question..... What does John 3 v 16 say?  Yes, that's right:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, will not perish but have everlasting life.

Good….  Now, can you quote verse 15?......... what about verse 17?

Have these questions caught you off your guard?    Yes, you are sure you know them but just can't remember them at this moment?  I was stymied.

Let's take this discussion a little further... besides Jesus, who are the 2 people spoken of in John 3?

When I was a child, my Mother taught me the stories of Bible heroes.  I have a large blue Bible Story book, which she encouraged me to read.  The knowledge gained was very useful when, in my teens, I participated in Bible quiz competitions with Youth for Christ.  However, as I reached adulthood, learning to quote Scriptures by chapter and verse became important.  This led to quoting the Word of God from knowledge, albeit not been able to remember the references.  A blessing indeed when one faces a situation and wants to declare Word over the problem.  My Bible became marked as I underlined, highlighted, made notes and dated verses of importance, which spoke to my soul.

Soon the story (content) of a passage of Scripture was forgotten. 

Why did Cain kill Abel?  How many times did Joshua and his army march around Jericho and then what happened?

My Mother was very particular about the content of a passage.  She said that if a verse began with the word WHEREFORE or THEREFORE, go and read the verses BEFORE and get the full story.

The first section of John chapter 3, is the story of Nicodemus, who came to Jesus in the night.  Jesus told him he must be born again.  Did you know that Nicodemus assisted in the burial of the body of Jesus after the crucifixion?

The second part of John chapter 3 find John the Baptist speaking to his disciples about Jesus. 

There is so much to be learnt from the stories in this chapter.


May I encourage you to start reading the stories of the Bible again?  Teach them to your children.  Consider the humanness of each character.  Put yourself in their shoes.  Learn from the lives of the Bible characters.  Make them your own.